Paint Chip Easter Egg Bunting

Friday, March 29

Hello lovelies! Do you have any plans for Easter this weekend? I love this wonderful time of year to reflect on our Savior, Jesus Christ. It's always a special time for our family. It will be just us and some friends on Easter Sunday, but Danny's parents will be flying in soon after, so we'll get a little bit of Easter family time with them.

I felt like our house needed a little spring/Easter sprucing up. I don't have a lot of holiday decorations, so I'm trying to incorporate some more DIY ones around the house. You've all seen those cute little easter egg buntings that have been going up, right? I've even seen cute little easter eggs made out of paint chips! I figured that would be the perfect little DIY project to put up for Easter, so I made my own. 

Easter Egg Paint Chip Garland
It's super simple and 100% free if you have string and hot glue on hand. All you need to do is grab some free paint samples (I used solid and multi-colored ones), trace and cut little egg shapes out of them, hot glue them to your choice of string and voila! Your own cute little Paint Chip Easter Egg Bunting.

Paint Chip Bunting
Paint Chip Garland
Paint Chips
Here's our little Easter entry table. I didn't fuss over it too much. I just added the garland and incorpated some Christ-centered items: my "Reflections of Christ" book by Mark Mabry, a few church magazines and publications with the Easter themed issue in front, and our 'Families are Forever' sign along with one of our wedding pictures to remind us of the eternal nature and purpose of our lives. 

Easter Vignette
Looking for activities to celebrate Easter this year? If you're local to Arizona, this Friday and Saturday down in Mesa our church will be holding the Mesa Arizona Easter Pageant: Jesus the Christ (click here for the website and here for an AZ Central article on this year's production). It's a community Easter celebration - all religions, ages, and cultures are welcome. It's free admission - no tickets required. Performances start at 8pm. Danny and I went last year and loved every minute of it. It celebrates the birth and life of our Savior. It's a wonderful production - we're hoping we'll be able to make it out there this weekend for our second time seeing it.

Happy Easter, friends!

Crafty Easter Project

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

15 Comments »

This entry was posted on Friday, March 29 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

15 Responses to “Paint Chip Easter Egg Bunting”

  1. Adorable!! That's my kind of DIY. :) Happy Easter! Hope you have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for popping by my blog
    this idea is just so cute and the concept could be used for so many different things
    thanks for sharing
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, it's so cute! I probably never would have thought of this myself.


    Best,

    Louisa
    circasundayafternoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea with the girlain (is that the right word? You used the word "bunting", but I'm not sure what that means, sorry), it turned out very nice :) I will try make one myself someday.
    If I lived closer I would visit the Mesa Arizona Easter Pageant. Even though I don't consider myself as a religious person, I alsways think it's interesting to hear about religions :) I hope you make it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea! Can't wait to start doing things like this around my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paint chip decorations are so fun! and free.. that's the best part. I wish I saw this before Sunday evening because I would have made it sooner. I think this would be really cute with cut out hearts, too.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea! It turned out adorable-great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute (and genius!) idea. I'm going to have to remember this for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO cute! And would even be adorable in other shapes for other holidays - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea. I have so many paint chips lying around where I never actually used the paint but still love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paint chip Easter eggs? I know what I'M doing next Spring! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like diy and this one is the cutest!
    You have a great blog, I'm now following on gfc and bloglovin for sure!

    SHE WALKS Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen this before, but I am glad you reminded me of it. Such a great way to use something which is easy to get your hands on. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this DIY! It's simple and colorful--my kind of DIY:) Thanks for sharing. Also, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I really appreciate it! Your blog is awesome, and I can't wait to peruse more. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete