DIY Picture Frame Makeover

Wednesday, February 20


I found this little gem at Target for $1.25. I also picked up two other larger frames ($3 and $4) and a discounted pack of pretty dish towels. Man do I love those clearance aisles.

This little brown frame was cute, but it really wasn't doing it for me. Some painter's tape, a gold sharpie, and an episode of Castle later and I had a pretty new picture frame!


This frame was super easy to make. All you have to do is cut rectangles out of painters tape and place them however you'd like on the frame. I used a gold sharpie to color in the uncovered spots, but after I'd peeled off the tape I had to go over a few edges. I would have used spray paint if I'd had any on hand; I didn't want to buy an entire can just for this little frame. 

After touching up a few areas I sprayed it with a clear protective coat to help with any scratching. And voila! New picture frame ready to go.


This photo and my profile photo in the sidebar were taken by the lovely Valerie of Maeling Photography. If you're ever looking for a photographer in the Bay Area, we're big fans of her work!

share this on::

Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Digg

14 Comments »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 20 and is filed under ,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

14 Responses to “DIY Picture Frame Makeover”

  1. Awesome make-over, simple to do, but what an impact on the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't cha just love Target's clearance aisles. Your picture frame looks great. So much nicer in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a good job with this...it's so much prettier now!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I LOVVVVVE gold and black right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so funky, I love it! I am a big fan of the clearance aisle too, its the first place I head in any shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And here I am trying to free hand paint things when I could be using painters tape! lol! Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Target's clearance aisles!!! The picture frame looks wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out really cute- I love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know which is cuter, your adorable picture frame makeover or the adorable picture inside of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Amy....the picture and the frame are both so cute!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you included "an episode of Castle" as part of what you used to completely the project. Crafting and TV go so well together, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now a days there are many decorative picture frames available which are affordable and looks wonderful, so people can buy according to their choice.

    ReplyDelete